Built in the 17th century next to a Romanesque bridge on the banks of the Estorãos River, this pretty watermill has been authentically restored, retaining the old water wheel and grindstone. The visitors' book bears poignant witness to the many enjoyable holidays guests have spent here.
The exact date of its construction is unknown, but it probably dates back from the late 18th century. In 1868, it was sold to the Count of Bertiandos - ancestor of the current owners. The mill used to function for the grinding of cereals and the sawing of wood - both of which ended in 1965 and 1940 respectively. In 1983, the mill's exterior was renovated, and the interior converted to provide an outstanding and inspiring accommodation offer.
RNET n.º 497 - Turismo no Espaço Rural - Casa de Campo